US and Iran to extend truce after Trump threatens to 'bomb the hell out' Oman

4

The United States and Iran have agreed to extend the 60-day truce, which expires on August 17, sources told Al-Arabiya TV channel.

There is no detailed information at the moment. Official Washington and Tehran have also not yet commented on Al-Arabiya's information.

The United States and Israel began military operations against Iran at the end of February, killing the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Tehran began retaliating against both Israel and American bases in the Middle East. In June, the United States and Iran reached an agreement to open the Strait of Hormuz, end hostilities and begin 60 days of negotiations on the future of Tehran's nuclear program. However, hostilities resumed in July, but at the end of the same month it became known that the United States had effectively paused strikes on Iran again.

On Monday, US President Donald Trump said on Fox News that Iran “must raise the white flag or surrender.”

“They are good poker players, but they are dying,” the head of the White House emphasized.

He also threatened to strike Oman if that country provided assistance to Tehran.

“If Oman gets in our way, we will bomb the hell out of them,” Trump said.

Last week, the US President said that following the confrontation he intends to declare the Strait of Hormuz, which has become one of the subjects of controversy, American waters. Iran emphasized that it will continue to block the waterway, which is important for oil trade, until their demands are met.

Read also:  “I’m okay with that”: Trump approved of a comparison in which he was called more influential than Stalin and Hitler

As reported by IRNA, Iran's Army Commander-in-Chief Amir Khatami said on Sunday that the country is introducing a $30,000 reward for killing or capturing American soldiers.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here